Quill Cup presented by Adams, Jenkins and Cheatham
2017 - Quill Cup, presented by Adams, Jenkins and Cheatham
Building on the success of last year’s inaugural Quill Cup, Independence Golf + 288 Sports presents the 2017 Quill Cup, presented by Adams, Jenkins and Cheatham.
Quill Cup compromises both competitive and recreational players in a five (5) event series that coincide with significant events on the PGA Tour, including 3 of golf’s Majors, the prestigious Players Championship, and year-end Tour Championship.
In 2017, the proposed event schedule is:
May 11-14 – PGA: The Players Championship
June 15-18 – PGA: US Open, presented by Lexus
July 20-23 – PGA: The Open Championship
August 10-13 – PGA: PGA Championship
September 21-24 – PGA: Tour Championship, presented by Coca-Cola
1. All players will earn Quill Cup points for participating in weekly events – regardless of finish – defined as a ‘playing bonus’
2. For each additional event in which a challenger plays, the player will receive the ‘playing bonus’ multiplied by the number of events played. For 2ndevent, player will earn playing bonus x 2, and so on for the increasing number of events played. For playing in all 5 events – a player would receive a playing bonus x 5.
3. ‘Gimmes’- Should those within a particular player group deem a putt ‘is good’ – then weekend rules of ‘gimmes’ will be permitted. Additional ‘weekend’ rules to apply.
4. Handicap gouging – Following each round, IGC Director of Golf, will evaluate participants stated handicaps to ensure gouging is kept to a minimum.
5. Full scoring system – to be detailed and shared by IGC Director of Golf