2018 Quill Cup - presented by: Adams, Jenkins and Cheatham
Independence Golf + 288 Sports presents the 2018 Quill Cup, sponsored by Adams, Jenkins and Cheatham.
WHAT IS THE QUILL CUP?
The Quill Cup compromises both competitive and recreational players in a five (5) event series that coincide with significant events on the PGA Tour, including 3 of golf’s Majors, the prestigious Players Championship, and year-end Tour Championship.
The 2018 Schedule:
May 7-13: The Players Championship, presented by Passion AcademyJune 11-17: US Open, presented by LexusJuly16-22: The Open ChampionshipAugust 13-19: PGA ChampionshipSeptember 21-24: Tour Championship
SCORING:Weekly Prizes, compliments of our Tournament Sponsor: Adams, Jenkins and Cheatham, will be awarded to 1st, 2nd & 3rd Places. Quill Cup Points will be awarded to players based on their finish position in the same fashion as the PGA Tour's FedEx Cup. GRAND PRIZE Winner of The Quill Cup will receive a spot in the Dominion Energy Charity Classic Pro-AM.
1. All players will also earn Quill Cup points for participating in weekly events – regardless of finish – defined as a ‘playing bonus’
2. For each additional event in which a player competes, the player will receive the ‘playing bonus’ multiplied by the number of events played. For 2ndevent, player will earn playing bonus x 2, and so on for the increasing number of events played. For playing in all 5 events – a player would receive a playing bonus x 5.
3. ‘Gimmes’- Putts within "the leather" (defined by red paint on the flagstick) will be good
4. Handicap gouging – Following each round, IGC Director of Golf, will evaluate participants stated handicaps to ensure gouging is kept to a minimum
5. Formats – to be detailed and shared by IGC Director of Golf, Elliott Wilson