2017 Quill Cup - presented by: Adams, Jenkins and Cheatham
What is it?
The Quill Cup includes both competitive and recreational players in a five (5) event series that coincides with significant events on the PGA Tour, including 3 of golf’s Majors, the prestigious Players Championship, and year-end Tour Championship.
In 2017, the event schedule is:
May 11-14 – The Players Championship
June 15-18 – US Open, presented by Lexus
July 20-23 – The Open Championship
August 10-13 – PGA Championship
September 21-24 – Tour Championship, presented by Coca-Cola
Weekly Prizes, compliments of our Tournament Sponsor: Adams, Jenkins and Cheatham, will be awarded to 1st, 2nd & 3rd Places in the form of Independence Gift Certificates
Quill Cup Points will be awarded to players based on their finish position in the same fashion as the PGA Tour's FedEx Cup
1. All players will also earn Quill Cup points for participating in weekly events – regardless of finish – defined as a ‘playing bonus’
2. For each additional event in which a player competes, the player will receive the ‘playing bonus’ multiplied by the number of events played. For 2ndevent, player will earn playing bonus x 2, and so on for the increasing number of events played. For playing in all 5 events – a player would receive a playing bonus x 5
3. ‘Gimmes’- Putts within "the leather" (defined by red paint on the flagstick) will be good
4. Handicap gouging – Following each round, IGC Director of Golf, will evaluate participants stated handicaps to ensure gouging is kept to a minimum
5. Formats – to be detailed and shared by IGC Director of Golf, Elliott Wilson